domingo, 30 de diciembre de 2012

Time off in the mountains

Días de desconexión en la montaña


I'm back home after having spent a couple of days in the Catalan Pyrenees. Although the main purpose of the trip was to ski at the ski resort of "Boí-Taüll" in Lleida, we couldn't help visiting the villages the neighbouring villages in the valley, which were declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000.

Ya estoy de vuelta en casa después de pasar un par de días en los Pirineos de Lleida. Aunque el objetivo principal de la escapada era ir a esquiar a las pistas de Boí-Taüll, no pudimos dejar de visitar los pueblos de la Vall de Boí, declarada Patrimonio de la Humanidad por la UNESCO en 2000. 







The valley is best known for its nine Early Romanesque churches, which were built between XI and XIII centuries. It is considered to be the site of the densest concentration of Romanesque Architecture in Europe.

La Vall de Boí es conocida, entre otras cosas, por sus nueve iglesias románicas construidas entre los siglos XI y XIII y que forman el mayor conjunto de Arquitectura Románica de Europa. 







We had a blast skiing there and even though we didn't stop for a minute, the whole trip gave me a feeling of rest. The past few days have been sunny and warm, too warm... and that almost made me forget that we are still withing the Christmas season. New Year's Eve is almost upon us and so is my very-most-favouritest day of the season... Epiphany Day. In Spain, it is then when children (and adults!) get Christmas presents from the Three Wise Men and their camels (instead of Father Christmas and his reindeer). So, I'm still in time to finish some of my Christmas WIPs. 

Pese a haber estado haciendo deporte y no haber parado ni un segundo, la sensación que me queda es de relax ya que estos días me han servido para "desconectar". Esta sensación de descanso y el hecho de  que últimamente los días sean muy soleados y cálidos, han hecho que casi me olvide de que todavía estamos en Navidad y aunque ya hemos celebrado Nochebuena, Navidad y Sant Esteve, todavía queda Nochevieja y Reyes (¡mi día preferido!)... ese es mi consuelo para intentar acabar algunas labores navideñas que se han quedado a medias. 


I started this Christmas banner earlier this month because the stitching and the appliqué parts take a good deal of time. However, the truth is that I really enjoyed hand-stitching these lovely little details. Then, when I was about to finish... I ran out of embroidery thread! Do you know Murphy? Yeah, it was him again! I'll go and buy some more thread tomorrow and I hope I can finish the banner soon. Anni Downs designed this pattern for the Henry Glass Holiday Party last year and you can download it for free at her blog. Although the original banner uses red fabrics for the strippy background, I used some scraps I had left over from the Christmas wreath I made and the truth is that I love how it turned out. The fabrics I used belong to the Christmas Fun collection by Lynette Anderson for Lecien Fabrics.

Un ejemplo es esta banderola que empecé a principios de mes porque lleva bastante tiempo bordar y aplicar los detalles. La verdad es que disfruté haciéndola pero cuando estaba a punto de acabarla... ¡se me acabó el hilo mouliné! Solo me queda hacer 3 puntos de festón para acabar de aplicar el dibujo así que mañana mismo iré a comprar el hilo para acabarla. El diseño es de Anni Downs para Henry Glass y si os gusta podéis descargarlo gratis en el blog de Hatched and Patched. Aunque las telas de la banderola original eran todas rojas, yo aproveché las telas que me habían sobrado de la corona navideña y la verdad es que me encanta el resultado. Son de la colección Christmas Fun de Lynette Anderson para Lecien Fabrics. 


xo Irene













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario